Statement Of Intent

For my fair trade advertisements I intend to follow the conventions used on existing billboard campaign, by using a simplistic technique and design so that it stands out towards the audience. Both the name of my brand, logo and slogan link to the fair trade campaign whilst also appealing to the AB aged 16-25 audience demographic. My campaign will be mainly aimed at women, due to the use of a female model on the billboards, however will still maintain to sell male clothing. Not only this, due to the fact that women are more likely to give to charity, they are more likely to spend the extra few pounds for a fairer trading system, and for better quality clothing. 

My adverts will appear in a variety of locations,l ranging from bus stops, to train stations, to on buildings, focusing on being in places where my target audience are most likely to see the advertisement. This will ensure that the brand is familiar with as many people as possible meaning that they are aware of the brand and are likely ti see the clothing advertised and but from the range. This will generate more publicity for the brand.

Because my clothing range is fair trade it means that the prices will be higher, however will be affordable to the audience given. Not only this, it will appeal to the audience as my model will be in the age range given, and will also be fashionable and on trend, whilst being fresh and luxurious. My advert will link to the brief through the use of media language and through my pitch by sticking to advert conventions whilst also having the element of fair trade as a focal point for my adverts. My plan to incorporate fair trade is to link my campaign to the use of money going to the workers, which is the focal point to the campaign and by also on another billboard by using the setting of a cotton field. This will link the advertisement to fair trade as the use of cotton material is significant to fair trade whilst also being a picturesque background that would appeal to my target audience.

To ensure that the clothing is of a better quality, the factories in which they are made will be sustainable, whilst also being ensured that the best possible working conditions are maintained and are within the required standards by the fair trade organisation.Because of this, the clothing will be more luxurious than other clothing brands that aren't involved with the fair trade campaign.

Comments