My Statement Of Intent

My Statement of Intent


I am going to create a website and music video that follows the codes and conventions of a dance music video and artist. Dance music is made using electronics, and is a style of popular music commonly played in dance music nightclubs, radio stations, shows and raves.

Media Language
I am going to follow the shared conventions that dance artists portray on their web pages, with elements such as a key image of an exotic location, taken from the same location that my music video is shot, and will be planned well and put together to suite my target market. This will link both my music video and website together. They will also be linked by my Artists logo which will appear both on my web page and on my music video. I’m also going to embed my music video to my web page, so it clearly promotes my artists latest single. I am also going to follow the conventions that are shared within existing dance music video to create my own successful video. These are elements such as the video being filmed during summer time, the props within the video being colorful and eye-striking, and expressing a carefree and fun ideology that other dance music videos portray. I am also going to use the single 'Alone no more' By Phillip George. This is because it belongs within the dance genre of music, and was a successful song, reaching number on in the charts in the UK. It will also follow with the conventions. Th ideology behind thew video involves the escapism of the globalised polished scenes within exotic landscapes for example the beach.

Media Representations
Within my video I'm going to use actors within the 16-25-year age range to represent and appeal to my target audience. The actors within my music video will appear to be living a lifestyle that the target audience will aspire to be like, for example having fun within a tropical location.

Media Audiences
Both my web page and music video will appeal to the 16-25 age group and the AB audience demographic. To do this, they will both appear to be sophisticated and of high quality, well put together, whilst also being eye catching and promoting my artists single. It will do this by the video narrative escaping the stresses of daily life and living an aspiration life style, for example  snorkelling.  They will also be able to identify with the characters and their experiences, for example they will most likely have gone to a night club where some of the music video is located, not only this there are also scenes were there aka characters is featured having fun both on her own, and in the company of her partner, which most of the audience cn reflate to either being involved in. relationship or single.  They will also experience the enjoyment and entertainment especially through the voyerism of the video. Not only tjis, they will be able to share and connect with the video online, meaning that they can experience social interaction through the video beg proceed on social media. 

Media Industries
Both of my products will be fit to be produced and promoted by Universal Music Group, as they will be suitable for the music that the group produce, for example my work will appear to be professional and of a high standard. The Universal music group will distribute and promote my music and video to delight and entertain fans around the world. They will disribute the video and website , showibng clear similarities between them to attrct the attention of the target market of my product.They will disribute my work promoting the artist through the Logo and website.


My production uses digital convergence through the use of my artists logo being featured on both my webpage, and at the start of my music video. It will also be the profile image for a social media Platform I set up, an instagram account. This will be used as a platform for advertising for the artist, the music video and webpage, and will also allow for the image and promotions to be reposted and shared to the public to generate audience interest. Within my webpage there will be links to this social media account, and the music video, which will be the main feature on the home page as it will promote the artist.




Comments